What Information We Collect
Information you provide to us, such as:
- your name and contact information;
- email communications you send to us.
Information we collect automatically, such as:
- details about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to connect to our website or communicate with us;
- details about the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, URLs clicked on, your IP address and the pages you visited before and after navigating to our website;
Cookies And How We Use Them
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is saved automatically to your computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to connect to our website.
Cookies allow us to remember your preferences and recognise you across different devices in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information, such as how many people use our website and what pages they tend to visit.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use information provided to us or collected automatically to:
- operate our society;
- communicate with you and respond to your queries;
- provide you with information or services you have requested or which we feel may interest you, unless you tell us otherwise;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features on our website;
- ensure website content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you are accessing it from;
- undertake data analytics to learn more about how you and others interact with our website;
- detect and prevent misuse or abuse of our website or our services;
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and guidance.
How We May Share The Information We Collect
We may share your personal information:
- with our trusted suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- with regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities.
How We Keep The Information We Collect Secure
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We require our committee and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards, including obligations to apply appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your personal information:
- for the period required by law;
- for as long as necessary to provide you with access to information or services you have requested;
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you, such as the right to:
- request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where we may be processing your personal information based on your consent);
- receive certain information you have provided to us in an electronic format and/or request that we transmit it to a third party;
- complain to a data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about how your personal information is handled, please email us or write to us at:
Ver Valley Society Membership Secretary
11 Shafford Cottages